Wednesday 6 February 2008

Keeping it interesting

I think we should try to inject as much humour as possible. The game is never going to be ground breaking but if it is enjoyable to play through sound effects and graphic goodness then I think that will keep the average player interested for a longer time.

I remember playing a lot of games on www.miniclip.com which were humorous. The Bush and Blair dancing and workouts flash games are some that come to mind.

I had a thought about a word game where you have to collect letters then make words with the letters that you manage to catch. I like he robot game idea where you can collect parts and then this effects how your robot will fight in the end battle. e.g. you could collect more body parts to give yourself more hit points/health or more arm parts to give yourself better attacks. I also think that levels are important as this give the user something to play the game for. I always find it more satisfying if your aiming for the next level.

I'm not sure how much work is required in flash to make these ideas happen though so that may be something that we need to look into.

No comments: